Re: Request for Review: APT manpages

David Kalnischkies wrote:
> In all other places i followed your suggestion with using "disc".
> Never knew before that a disk is not a disc. I thought this was more
> of a color vs. colour thing, but yeah, i never really used discs…

It *should* have been a matter for $LANG, but alas the IT world has
got used to treating hard disks and compact discs as two unrelated
dictionary entries just because the industry specs were defined on
different sides of the Atlantic - rather like whisky and whiskey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_of_disc