Re: Keep important/required packages installed.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 14:05, dE . <de.techno@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/11 23:48, David Kalnischkies wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 14:42, dE .<de.techno@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I was wondering if there was a way (in apt.conf maybe) to keep
>>> important/required packages installed even if marked installed
>>> automatically? For e.g. if I mark nano as automatically installed, it
>>> tends
>>> to be removed.
>>
>> The question is then why you mark it as automatically installed
>> (and therefore as "remove if no longer needed")
>> if you don't want it to be automatically removed…
>>
>> But have a look at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove to see how
>> e.g. the kernel package is protected from being autoremoved
>> even though they are autoinstalled (by a kernel metapackage).
>
> I was wondering about keeping the list of manually installed packages clean
> so I can remove the irrelevant packages (as per requirements) without
> searching in a longer list.
>
> Unfortunately /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove is a list of packages, I was
> looking forward towards an automated way.

Hu? I don't understand what you want.
What do you want to automate?
And why is the list of manually packages too long for you?
If you manage this list correctly the for you important nano is
marked as manual while all the "irrelevant" packages are marked
as automatic installed.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies