Re: Speeding Up APT - Project Idea

Hi Michael, Hi all,

As you may remember, I talked with you about integrating debdelta into
apt-get, on the IRC. I found it interesting and therfore, hope to come
up with a project proposal out of it.

As a start, I started looking into details of debdelta and apt's code
to identify what pieces of it will be affected by the integration. Do
you have any suggestions about this? What classes/functions of apt are
more important? What is needed to be added/modified? What are the
possible challenges, requirements and expected results? Is there any
ongoing development related to this? I would also like to know what
are the areas that I have to pay attention and study, in particular.
It would be great if you can share your expertise with me regarding
this.

Thank you.

--
Regards,