suggestion : add a 'user rating' for apps in apt

Is it possible to add 'user rating' and/or 'popularity rating' (in terms of stars or so) to the apt package management system?

WHY?

  1. It helps newbies to find recommended packages
  2. It helps non-newbies to find the right packages in areas they are not familiar with.
I am a debian user for the last four years. I was looking for some games on synaptic [ :) ] and I realized I had no clue about which of the hundreds of ones listed were popular.

--
Sreejiraj Eluvangal,
Special Correspondent,

304, INS Building,