Re: Following KDE 4.5.1 upgrade instructions, apt doing odd things with pin priority

Hi,

I think I know what happened, now. After adding the qt-kde.debian.net
repositories to my sources.list, I did an "aptitude update". Understandably,
apt would not fully trust the contents of the Release file until it had a valid
key for it. I had installed the key via "aptitude install pkg-kde-archive-
keyring", as per the instructions on http://qt-kde.debian.net/. But apt was
given no prompt to recheck and start trusting the contents of Release.

After I do a second "aptitude update", the output of "apt-cache policy" begins
respecting the conditions in the preferences file. I presume this is because,
now the key is good, apt trusts and extracts the contents of Release and
matches things as normal.

I've here CC'd the debian-kde list because this might be something worth
mentioning in the instructions. Certainly it was not obvious to me.

Peace,
Brendon