[Thank you] Happy Birthday, and Thank You!

Dear Debian Community,    my first encounter with Debian was a Magazine CD
containing Release 1.3 (bo), which I happened to buy shortly after failing
to install some ancient Version of Red Hat Linux. The first install attempt
succeeded. I immediately liked Debian's technical excellence, its openness,
the unobtrusive but thorough integration.    I have used the very same
installation on my Desktop ever since (moving and dist-upgrading it
numerous times, of course). That's more than ten years. Man.     During
these years, Debian has contributed to my life by typesetting my master's
thesis and PhD thesis (aah teTex...), printing my job applications and
wedding invitations, retrieving and storing my family photos, generally
providing a great prgrammming platform, and so many other things.    Of
course much of this is just Linux, but with Debian, "just Linux" works
better and sucks less than anywhere else.    Thanks for all your work,  and
keep your faith in freedom.      Bjoern Brill    Frankfurt am Main, Germany

--
This is message was sent to you from http://thanks.debian.net