[RFC] Multi-arch-enabled command-line interface

While thinking about a correct multi-arch implementation, I am thinking
about the command-line interface:

For read operations (show,showpkg,policy):
	NAME      - Display the package for all architectures
	NAME:ARCH - Display the package for the ARCH architecture
For install:
	NAME      - Install the native candidate (or Architecture: all)
	NAME:ARCH - Install the candidate for ARCH
For remove and purge:
	NAME      - Remove all packages named NAME
	NAME:ARCH - Remove the package NAME for architecture ARCH

Does this make sense? For APT2, this would be extended with versions for
RPM (as RPM allows multiple version to be installed at the same time);
show show all version, install installs the candidate, and remove
removes all versions (of course accepting =ver and /archive for limiting
this everywhere).

If we already have something else in place, please tell me.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.