DPKG on DBus service

Hi APT developers,

I made a little helper for the package manager Shaman. When it comes to
install/remove packages, DPKG dies with "Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an
error code (2)".

The helper is implemented as a DBus service that starts on demand. But, when
it is started from a terminal with sudo, DPKG does not die and the
installation occurs as expected.

What could be the cause of DPKG's error? What could be missing in DBus, that
is available in terminal? Can you point me to an APT setting that may help? Am
I missing something in code?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/sysadmin/shaman/libshaman/backends/apt/Helper.cpp?revision=1075948&view=markup
(Problem at line 162: DoInstall)