Re: APT2, APT2, where are you?

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 06:18:05PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Resolving dependencies, etc.
> ----------------------------
<snip>
> External dependency solvers will be supported. I had an e-mail
> conversation with zack on this topic, and he asked me whether this
> would be possible. I'm just waiting for his final proposal on this
> topic. This should probably be coordinated with cupt as well, so we can
> share external solvers. The exchange format could be CUDF[0].

I confirm that I'm active on this, we've mostly finished the spec for
CUDF. Once that is done (no more than a couple of weeks), I'll get back
to you with a format specification based on CUDF syntax (which is plain
text / RFC 822, don't worry about XML or similar stuff), but better
suited for Debian and with a connector to use it with any CUDF-based
solvers.

If the interest on this topic is more general, we can also move the
discussion about this kind of stuff on this list.

Cheers.