Hybrid packages format.

Hi.

I don't sure it correct mailing list, so be patient and polite for me.
I must admit also my English is no well.

I will see hybrid package format. The main reason, why Linux programs
are not inserted onto removable media and soled is: wy should put there
package for all distros. Correct me, if I've wrong, but creating package
for each distro is not real reason(many companies creating it). The main
problem is data redudant. All packages included on CD's must contains
the same files.

My idea is about create Hybrid package format, which contains files to
unpack(once time) and definitions/scripts for each distribution.

Look at this from this side: Packages naming is standarised, thanks
PackageKit. In each distribution first part of packagename is the same
and other information are also included into package themselves. There's
no naming matter/problem.

All packaging system allows to use flags: delivered, so package named
somegame can delivered lib_somethink and this_game.

This information will be included in distribution specific part. We
don't change any describtion/scripts format, but allow to redudant data
storage usage, because program files, like run.sh, game(elf) will exist
only one time.

FS Hiearchy of package:

root

+scripts/descriptions
|   +debian/deb
|   +rpm
|   +etc.

+files

+main header

All descriptions(ex. dependencies), scripts will exist only in /scripts
+descriptions/*

We need only standarized repo (for removable media) format.

What do you think? It's better tha standarization for this time. Many
companies have creating packages for each distribution for each program.
My sollution will only allows to distribute programs on removable media
and doesn't break anythink(thinks will looks like today, but we can also
install programs from CD via hybrid package format).