Re: Changelog of "non-official" packages?

Hello Harald Dunkel,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:53, Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> wrote:
> If I press 'C' in aptitude, then it shows me the changelog of the
> package, but it seems that this works just for the official
> package pool.
I guess Daniel Burrows is listening here, but just to be sure:
cc'ed aptitude@packages.debian.org
As the changelog command is an aptitude-only feature he is
properly the best discussion partner in this thread. :)

> Do you think it would be possible to open this functionality for
> other repositories as well (e.g. debian-multimedia.org)?
Most unofficial repositories doesn't provide an extra changelog file as
the debian archive do. I don't know if aptitude provides a way to define
where to look for changelog files if another repository really has them.
For all others aptitude would need to download the package, extract the
package and show the included changelog file, which should work in 95%
of all cases. The other 5% would be packages which uses symlinks to
another package for his changelog (which is allowed as long as the
package depends on the symlinked one).

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

David "DonKult" Kalnischkies