apt tools license question

Hello APT team,

I'm writing to enquire whether the code copyright holders are willing
to dual license the APT code base under a BSD license or and LGPL
license so that it might be possible to be adopted in the BSD family
of OSs. I think you guys have done an excellent job implementing the
APT tools, and I'm hoping that you might see some benefit to having
wider adoption of the tools in even more OS's than it has already.

Some NetBSD contributors are currently addressing some needs that APT
would fulfill nicely. See the projects page here for a short summary
if you're interested.
http://netbsd.org/contrib/soc-projects.html -- Scroll down to the
title "Package update tool similar to apt-get/yum"

Thanks,

Gabriel