Re: python-apt: Deprecation of mixedCase names, re-organisation ofapt.progress, and more

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 04:18:56PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hello,
> while the proposed changes/enhancements are really nice-to-have, what
> is a really-needs-to-be-there-since-ages is a real documentation. It's
> really hard to use the module because there's not usage guide, api
> docs and the examples are useless since they (almost) completely lack
> comments.
>
> I forced myself to use a couple of times, but the temptation to call
> in subprocess the shell commands a get the output was reeeally strong.
>
> Please, give this a priority, instead of PEP8 recode or so
Well your right, and I did it: http://people.debian.org/~jak/python-apt-doc/
It's not perfect yet, but it's a beginning.

It will be included in the package, too. I'm waiting for mvo to merge it.

Source code is available as part of the jak branch:

VCS-Bzr: http://bzr.debian.org/users/jak/python-apt/jak
VCS-Browser: http://bzr.debian.org/loggerhead/users/jak/python-apt/jak/changes

See http://juliank.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/news-from-the-python-apt-front/