APT branch using CMake and debhelper 7 available

Hi,

I just pushed initial CMake support into a new 'cmake' branch[0]. It
is not finished yet and misses things like:

	* documentation building
	* translation building
	* cross compiling (there seems to be some stuff in configure.in
          which needs to be ported)
	* setting VERSION correctly (currently it uses "0.7.90", should
          read from debian/changelog)

I have also converted the packaging to debhelper 7 and removed this libstdc++
stuff from the library name, as this is just useless, considering no other
library does this.

As a next step, I would like to redesign the packaging:

    * Merge apt-utils into apt (+400kB)
      REASON: libdb4.7 is required, and they otherwise have the same
      dependencies; they also have the same priority (important);
      and 400kB are not very much.

    * Move libapt-pkg and libapt-inst into a libapt-pkg4.8 package.
      REASON: When they are not shipped in the apt package we can handle
      ABI breaks more easily without breaking most systems (like requesting
      removal of python-apt just because it is not recompiled yet).

Packages using the acquire functionality would have to depend on libapt-pkg4.8
and apt, as the latter would provide the methods.

I would like to get your comments about the build system, the proposals,
and receive patches for documentation and translation building.

Regards,
Julian

[0] http://bzr.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/apt/cmake/
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.