apt gpg keys/signatures

Hi,

I am currently working on apt-offline and trying to get it in shape to get
included into Debian.
Most things work but there's one glitch.

If I do an apt-offline based package database update, later apt would
complain me of signature errors.

As part of apt-offline, I download whatever apt-get generates in the
following command:
`apt-get -qq --print-uris update`

This generates requests for *Release.gpg files also.

I notice that following are the *Release.gpg files in my machine.
rrs@champaran:/var/lib/apt/lists $ ls *.gpg
deb.opera.com_opera_dists_sid_Release.gpg
deb.opera.com_opera_dists_testing_Release.gpg
dl.google.com_linux_deb_dists_stable_Release.gpg
dl.google.com_linux_deb_dists_testing_Release.gpg
ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_experimental_Release.gpg
ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_Release.gpg
ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_Release.gpg
mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in_debian_dists_experimental_Release.gpg
mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in_debian_dists_testing_Release.gpg
mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in_debian_dists_unstable_Release.gpg
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_experimental_Release.gpg
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_testing_Release.gpg
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_unstable_Release.gpg
pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org_kdetrunk_dists_experimental_Release.gpg
pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org_kdetrunk_dists_sid_Release.gpg
security.debian.org_dists_testing_updates_Release.gpg
www.debian-multimedia.org_dists_testing_Release.gpg
www.debian-multimedia.org_dists_unstable_Release.gpg

>From an external user to apt, how should I manipulate these signatures ?

If I do this:
rrs@champaran:~/apt-offline  (master)$ for x in /tmp/apt-offline-
downloads-14871/*.gpg; do sudo apt-key add $x; done
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

So I'm not very sure what would be the right way to do this.

Regards,
Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.