Re: Ignore dependencies while download only (feature request?)

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 12:03:28PM +0300, Yair Yarom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell apt-get to ignore dependencies when in download-only
> mode?
>
> I want to use apt to download deb files from several sources
> (e.g. snapshot.debian.org) without changing the main sources.list, where I'll
> install them manually using dpkg. I've set up an alternative apt.conf with
> different directories and different config files for that, but it won't let me
> download anything as nothing is installed...
>
> Is there a better solution other than recompiling apt with an "ignore
> dependencies" patch?
Use "aptitude download <package>"  instead.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Free Software Developer
   Debian Developer  - Contributing Member of SPI

Website: http://jak-linux.org/   XMPP: juliank@jabber.org
Debian:  http://www.debian.org/  SPI:  http://www.spi-inc.org/
Ubuntu:  http://www.ubuntu.com/  FSFE: http://www.fsfe.org/