Re: I'm leaving APT project

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:40:17PM +0200, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Hello Michael, Otavio, Christian, Steve, Daniel, Luca, Julian.
>
> I don't want to say this loudly, but it's the time for me to leave APT
> maintenance.
That's sad/bad/etc. As far as I can tell, you have been one of the
most active ones
on this list and in the BTS working on apt bugs.

> I've started my own package manager project from scratch. It uses the same
> infrastructure, but has the different design. If it reach usable state, I will
> propose it for Debian at some future.
Yet another package manager? There are already apt and smart. What is so special
that you need to create a new one?

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Free Software Developer
   Debian Developer  - Contributing Member of SPI

Website: http://jak-linux.org/   XMPP: juliank@jabber.org
Debian:  http://www.debian.org/  SPI:  http://www.spi-inc.org/
Ubuntu:  http://www.ubuntu.com/  FSFE: http://www.fsfe.org/