Re: slcomp.py - sources.list compactor

Carl Karsten wrote:
> Being annoyed by editing sources.list files, I made something to help.
> I have in mind to add too it, but first I want to make sure there isn't
> already something like it.
>
> The next step is to say "for all dists that have main/restricted, add
> universe.  or remove multiverse.
>
> And maybe figure out something reasonable with comments.
>
> If you have any sort of odd sources.list, I would appreciate if you
> would run this and verify the resulting compacted sources.list (just
> prints, does not touch your files) is equivalent.
Hello Carl.

You wrote some user script and put it to Debian APT development list. Why? Do
you propose this for including to APT?

Apart from above, personally, I don't like this approach. Using such a script
means that user have a big mess in its sources.list (most users have two-four
entries), that all logical formatting and comments will be lost.
/etc/apt/sources.list.d idea is also lost. Hence I would not recommend it.

Ukrainian C++ Developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor