Re: Accepted apt 0.7.17 (source all i386)

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:55:35AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Michael Vogt (mvo@debian.org):
> > Architecture: source all i386
> > Version: 0.7.17
>

> Is this targeted for lenny ?
>
> This release introduced 1 fuzzy and 1 untranslated string in
> translations.

It is targeted for lenny. Thanks for reviewing this and sorry for the
translation changes, the two strings in question are:

msgid "Failed to truncate file" - before that a failed truncate would
fail silently, now a error if caught and displayed. I can revert this
for lenny (this error condition was not checked since forever). It is
a pretty uncommon error and the string is only displayed in this error
condition.

The other one is:

-      _error->Error("Dynamic MMap ran out of room");
+      _error->Error(_("Dynamic MMap ran out of room"));

Now this was always there, it was just not marked for translation
since forever. Because we show it anyway we can as well mark it for
translation (or exchange it for a better string).

> So, where we formerly had a lot of complete translations, we now have
> a big collection of 99%-translated files....

Again, sorry for that. I can revert one of the changes, but for the
other one I think it does not make sense to remove the _() around it
and make it untranslatable agan. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
 Michael