"HASH SUM MISMATCH" errors in apt version 0.7.9 CCing maintainer for aptitude too

Hello,

using Debian Sid I stumble over lots of HASH SUM MISMATCHES in connection with
apt version 0.7.9.

That concerns only self-built Debian packages that I host locally.
(call them unofficial ones if you may wish).

Within version 0.7.6 or earlier this error does not appear at all.

Can someone reading that please:

a. reproduce the error?

b. fix that bug?

Just take a self-built Debian package which is NOT part of any official distro
and host it on a local server of your personal choice under
var/www/apache2-default/mydebian/pool/main/*/(appname)/(app).

Imply the self-built packages' path in etc/apt/sources.list
(f. ex.: deb http://192.168.0.1/apache2-default/mydebian/ sid main non-free)

on the server and at least one workstation.

Then try to install the package using synaptic or kpackage.

Then you should be able to reproduce the error on your own........

Thanks

Uwe

P. S.: Please fix that bug as those errors do suck extremely!