regexp in apt-cache search

Hello dear DD

I have a question about the regular expressions in apt-cache search command:
because i get mysql-server-5.0 using:

user@host:$ apt-cache search --names-only '^mysql-server$'
mysql-server - mysql database server (meta package depending on the
latest version)
mysql-server-5.0 - mysql database server binaries

I think that apt-cache search --names-only '^mysql-server$' would have
equivalent to packages result to:
user@host:$ apt-cache search mysql-server | awk '{print $1}' | grep
^mysql-server$

is a problem in the package or is to i understand bat the options of apt?

PD: sorry for my bad english, i speak spanish.
--
ATT: Fredy P.
Coordinador FLISOL Bogotá 2007