green light for adding a feature to apt-cache

Dear apt developers,

I wrote a shell script, really a wrapper around apt-cache, which allows to
choose packages with pattern a or pattern  b and not pattern c. Oh and it
helps the user to filter out interesting matches (by invoking $EDITOR) and
get their full description (by piping the output of apt-cache show to
$PAGER).

The question is whether you'd be interested to include such functionality
upstream, in which case I'd be happy to try to extend apt-cache.cc

Here's a description of the shell script.

http://bluebits.gr/weblog/en/tech/programming/grep-pattern-utilities-2007-07-22-23-01.html

I've also rewritten it using the python binding of the apt library (attached;
but it's still slower than invoking apt-cache several times!).

Cheers,
Serafeim