How to debug apt pinning?

Hi,

I have a repository of local backports which is managed with a
collection of local fixes. Migration to one of the available tools is
in the queue, but I won't get around to doing this for at least a few
more months. I therefore need to continue using my established methods
for some time.

Unfortunately, pinning down some of the repository does not work.

One apt line into the repository is

deb http://zg.debian.zugschlus.de/zg/ zg/testetch main,

and my pin is

Package: *
Pin: release o=zg,a=testetch
Pin-Priority: -10

Unfortunately, this is not honored:

$ apt-cache policy exim4-base
exim4-base:
  Installed: 4.63-17
  Candidate: 4.67-4~zg1
  Version table:
     4.67-4~zg1 0
        500 http://zg.debian.zugschlus.de zg/testetch/main Packages
 *** 4.63-17 0
        500 http://debian.debian.zugschlus.de etch/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I have no idea why my apt is ignoring the pin. Is there any method to
debug?

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190