APT::Force-LoopBreak Option

Hi,

I am installing Sarge on a virtual machine, and get this error when i
attempt to apt-get upgrade:

E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop.  This is often bad,
but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

So, I created a file (/etc/apt/apt.conf):
This file only has 1 line:

APT::Force-LoopBreak "1"

When i then apt-get upgrade, i get the error:

E: Syntax error /etc/apt/apt.conf:2: Extra junk at end of file

However, whether i try putting "true", "True", "TRUE", "0", =true, =TRUE,
=True, =1, =0 none of these work

I have also tried running "apt-get -o=" with the contents of the apt.conf
file (when the apt.conf file doesn't exist) and it also gives me the SYNTAX
error.  I have tried both the file and command-line methods with all of the
combinations above, even using case-sensitivity as a factor.

If you know what I need to do differently, please let me know and include me
in the cc

Shawn