Re: Blockers of apt 0.6, not related to signature verification

* Michael Vogt:

>> are you aware of any issues that would, in your opinion, make it
>> infeasible to let apt 0.6 enter testing at this stage, apart from open
>> questions surrounding the Release signature verification (and general
>> reservations towards anything which might delay a release)?
>
> The only problem I see is that the changes are not transparent for the
> frontends (aptitude, synaptic, gnome-apt). They need to be updated and
> tested as well.

Sorry for being dense.  Do you mean the impact of other changes
besides archive signing on the frontends, or do you refer solely to
the fallout from archive signing?

The frontend implications of archive signing are already on my list
(mainly dealing with new failure modes, I suppose, and maybe dealing
with key rollover).