Naming configuration files

Hello!

I've got a question about naming configuration files of Apt and other
programs connected with Apt. Their configuration is (usually?) kept in
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ directory, and names of the conf. files look like
05aptitude, 10periodic, 20archive  or 70debconf. Everything seems to
be clear, except those numbers in names. So, what do these numbers
depend on? If I made an app using libapt-pkg to store my
configuration, what filename may I use? (yeah, corresponding to app's
name, but I have no idea what these numbers are...)

--
Marcin Rafał Wrochniak
email: wrochniak at gmail dot com