Apt, automatic dependences

Hi,

I am an Ubuntu user and I have several students and friends that use
also Ubuntu/Debian. Everybody agree that synaptic and apt-get are
fantastic but it is really a pity that they do not have the same
behaviour as aptitude which mark as "Automatic installed" all the
dependences installed not directly.

That aptitude's features makes your system much more cleaner than
synaptic or apt-get when you remove programs. As you know, new users
prefer graphical interfaces like synaptic, so they use it and make their
system very dirty.

That is why I am contacting you, I would like to propose seriously to
implement that aptitude's feature into synaptic or, still better, in
libapt so any frontend can get this improvement.

We think that this is the missing feature that will make apt and
specially synaptic be the best package management tool. It is important
for novice users, it is important for Debian/Ubuntu, it is important for
GNU/Linux and it is important for Free Software.

I hope you can consider seriously this proposal and discuss it :-)

Best regards,

Sergio.

--
[aka Marble]