Re: Blockers of apt 0.6, not related to signature verification

* Michael Vogt:

> There are nearly no other changes other than the signing stuff in
> apt-0.6. So that should be pretty safe :)

Glad to read this, it makes things a bit easier.

> There are (AFAIK) no patches for gnome-apt, so it won't know about
> signed repositories. And everything that depends on libapt needs to be
> recompiled because the ABI changes.

And this makes things messy because we have to upload the affected
packages at the same time to unstable (there is no libapt* library
package, and they wouldn't help anyway if the cache file format is not
compatible).  I'm going to try to recompile further depedencies, but
currently, I don't see this ABI transition as a major obstacle (I did
when I first heard about it).

Speaking of gnome-apt, is it in a releasable state?  It claims it's
stil alpha software.  Even though it compiles cleanly against apt 0.6,
it crashes with a bug box after an apparently successful partial
upgrade.  But then, gnome-apt in unstable just hangs after an upgrade,
and I'm not sure it's a regression.

Filip?