apt-get --assume-no

I was investigating man apt.conf and thought of something. One of the options
is assume-yes. I remember looking for an assume-no earlier in the year but
was unable to find one. That would be much safer for home users who would
like for, when a question asking if we want to replace a configuration filke
that has been changed, apt to assume-no and not replace our configuration
files. I let it replace them once, before I knew better. IT BROKE MY
SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

In fact assume-no should probably be the default.

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to spamtrap@vei.net. If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/
mailtospamtrap@vei.net