Apt Rsync - old thread

I was looking into why apt has such an appetite for bandwidth and found this old thread:

http://lists.debian.org/deity/1999/deity-199910/msg00002.html

But there is also this information:

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/rsync-and-debian/rsync-and-debian.html

As someone who is familiar with rsync, it appears that there are ways of dealing with the compressed file issues and the Apt developers might want to take a second look at the possibilities. The Rsync developers appear to be debian users and I'm sure would support such efforts to improve the apt system.
Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.