Information about apt

Hello APT Team,

sorry, I did not find this information anywhere else, so I
may ask you directly.

My aim is to understand the apt-* programs more thoroughly
than they are desribed in the man pages.

Could you tell me where I find more detailed information?

Best I would like to read the source code; could you help me
what line I have to add to the `sources.list' file to get
them downloaded? Where do I find them in the web?

Thank you in advance and best wishes for a happy new year.

Regards,
Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf