Re: apt in xml docbook 4 format available

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Richard Bos wrote:

> Can you review the result (compare them for example with the manpages
> currently distributed).  "My" manpages can be easily viewed with:
> MANPATH=doc man apt-get/apt-cache/etc

The formatting is definately nicer than the old sgmltools formatting. I'm
not sure I like the double spaces between paragraphs, but everything else
is much better.

> The xsl manpages templates
> (/usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-stylesheets-1.61.3/manpages/*) needed to
> be updated to get the apt manpages formatted correctly.   This has been done
> already (1 patch remaining) and I have been told that those updated xsl
> templates will be released shortly.

> The author is mentioned twice in the manpages.  I left it like that, but I
> think that 1 or the other should be removed.  Let me know what should be done
> with it.

This is definately wrong, it looks like the 2nd one is being auto
generated by the XSL from the REFENTY, it should not do that if one is
manually specified..

> Last thing: there is an apt.ent.in file.  This is needed to get the
> processing date in all manpages.

Why do you want the processing date in the man pages? The date in the man
pages should be the date the text was updated, not the date it was
converted.

It seems the xmlto in debian unstable is a bit broken, it cannot find the
dtd you used, that might pose a problem.