Logging apt

Hello,

I sent a request to a mailing list asking about what the best way to "log
apt" was, with the logs going to syslog and capturing the following data:

1) Program names, versions and sources installed/upgraded/removed/purged
2) The location of where the program was retrieved
3) Any options used during debconf

One of the responses I got was to make this a feature request.

This would be very benefitial to places where configuration management is
an issue, keeping versions in check and knowing what is done how.

Though all of this information could be retrieved manually, since apt-get
is already doing all these functions, it seems like it wouldn't be very
difficult to put this in a form such as "apt-get -q" does and send it to
syslog (as well as the Debconf responses, signature verification, etc.)

- Serge Wroclawski