apt-get install libc6 but want non-latest version

that has been posted to gmane.linux.debian.user as well.

It seems if I want to get any new things from sid over my modem, I
will have to get a new libc6.  This shouldn't be too big:
# apt-get  install libc6
The following extra packages will be installed: libc6-dev locales
Need to get 9348kB of archives. After unpacking 279kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

Questions: I was told to get 2.3.1-8, not 2.3.1-9.  Therefore, a
simple apt-get install libc6 will not be enough.  Will putting
Package: libc6
Pin: version 2.3.1-8
Pin-Priority: 1001
in /etc/apt/preferences be? No,
# apt-get  install libc6
Package libc6 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list

Hmm, what is the procedure if one wants less than fresh versions then?
Let me guess: apt-get --print-uris install libc6, then edit the uris
to the version one wants. Download them and then install them with
dpkg -i?

P.S. having libc6 2.3.1-8 while the rest of my system is sid of
2002.10.10 won't break anything, right?

I must get new versions of programs in the security bulletin
so must get the new libc6.

P.S. Does this "way of life" mix of units bother you?
$ apt-cache show libc6|grep Size
Installed-Size: 12116
Size: 3190622
--