rsynced Packages OK, then must fool apt via proxy?

Instead of doing apt-get update over my modem, this only took a couple
of minutes:

S=debian.linux.org.tw
A=/var/lib/apt/lists/$S_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-i386_Packages
cp -p $A /var/tmp/Packages
rsync -zt $S:/home/ftp/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages /var/tmp/Packages

Now what do I do?  Slip it under apt's nose with
cp /var/tmp/Packages $A ? Of course it just couldn't be that simple...
so how do I give it to apt now that I've got it?

Wait,
wwwoffle -O \
http://debian.linux.org.tw/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz >\
/var/tmp/Packages.$$ #backup
{ echo "HTTP/1.0 200 OK"; echo; cat /var/tmp/Packages.gz;}|wwwoffle-write \
http://debian.linux.org.tw/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
apt-get update
And indeed, apt swallows it just like it were the real thing. Muhahah.
Ok, I guess I should do this for all 6 Packages.gz files I use.
I've been reading up on apt, and I read that there's no more
forthright way to hand a Packages.gz file to apt other than
hoodwinking it thru the caching proxy server... No?
Is there no better way currently?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780