Re: *help* apt-https

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> > > The package index file is fine though. If I have under /var/lib/apt/lists/
> > > in my site's index:
> > >
> > > Package: dummypkg
> > > Version: 1.0
> >
> > Well, does it have a Filename: field? :>

> Yes :-) :

Hmmm.

try 'rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin' if you have been messing with the apt/lists/
directory it may be out of sync (highly unlikely, but would have these
symptoms)

Are you using CVS? There were some corner case type bugs with the parser
that could also do this.

'apt-cache show dummypkg' will dump the records exactly as the parser will
see them, if something is out of wack they will not look correct.

Beyond that, using gdb and looking at Recs will eventually lead you to the
Tag Section instance which holds the pointer to the entire string it is
tryng to parse, if it still looks correct, you can trace into the actual
lookup function in FileName() and see why it is angry.

You should not have to do anything special at all because your method is
called https.