HTTPS method take 2

Hello deity-list,

are you (authors) interested in me adding https support? I haven't heard
anything from any of you. If you are interested in it and want me to do
it in a fashion that it can be folded back into apt sources it seems I do
need your agreement to link against openssl (Bug #139710). I accept that
you all might be very busy these times. That said I would appreciate to
hear from you as soon as you get some spare time for me. AFAIK allowing me
to link against openssl won't hurt any of you nor will it hurt Debian.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11