Re: translations...

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:20:37PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Michael Bramer wrote:
> > Now that Woody is release, I will ask this questions a second time:
>
> Our answer won't have changed.
>
> > Can you get some time table or some comments on this topic?
>
> No. We'll get to it then we get to it, and it'll be ready when it's
> ready.

sorry, wichert. This is not a goog answer.

Now we have >9000 descriptions translated in german and other languages
have also some tausend translated descriptions. See
   http://ddtp.debian.org/new/pdesc/gnuplot/ddts-stat.png

We should start support of this descriptions.

Can't nobody help you?

Maybe you don't need support for translated descriptions private. But
others need this support. If we can get some white papers or some paper
of concepts of this support, we can search for some programmer, can help
or make some comments on this concept...

Or maybe you can give some TODO-list with items in order of your
preferences?

It is not very nice, if you translated this all, search and find new
translators, get all this translations uptodate and you don't get any
support from the apt/dpkg developers or some time table or some comments
from this developers.

sorry, but IMHO 'We'll get to it then we get to it' is not enough!

I don't request the support now. I only request some start of concepts
or some plan. We should starting with the work!

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Unix ist ein Konzept! Windows hat garkeins (oder wo sind die Gemeinsamkeiten