Not sure whether to lodge a bug report for this or not....

Hi there.

Why is it that when I use apt-get build-dep and apt-get source -b to
download and compile X, KDE, gnome, etc.... that once I install these
debs, apt-get upgrade gets confused and wants to download and reinstall
the binary versions of the packages?

Kpackage is clever enough to see there are no upgraded packages.
However, when I go 'apt-get upgrade --show-upgraded' I see every package
that I have compiled from source listed there.

BTW, I am using Woody.

Should I lodge a bug, or is this a feature?

Thanks
D.Radel.