Re: some proposed changes/requirements for apt

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2002, jason andrade wrote:
>
> > The second query we have is getting apt to have some authentication
> > mechanism.  There seems to be no way to get apt to authenticate itself
>
> It supports authentication by putting the information in the http URL as
> per the proper RFCs. You can include that in the sources.list and it
> will be used automatically.

You can check:

	http://sourecpole.ch/sources/software/apt_https

it supports authentication via https which in a way leads your idea of a
lightweight server ad absurdum. A have justified hope that the patch will
be included in apt. Any more people using it would be nice, so I know
I'm not the only person where things work.
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12