Re: apt_preferences

    >> in; however, no-one has yet stepped forward to suggest a
    >> solution to the issue of "what do I do when there are multiple
    >> available releases?"

    Jason> Show the newest release in the column I'd say.

 Perhaps you can color code it, and have a color key available for
 that column.  Alternatively, a one character symbol and a key mapping
 symbol to release name.  ("Woody", "testing", "Sid", "unstable",
 "MSTI")

 Then, show the latest version from the default release, unless that
 package is pinned to a non-default release.

 It seems to me there should be some notion of that a package was
 pinned to a non-default release due to a dependancy from a package
 you've pinned, so that if you downgrade (or backgrade?) those can
 fall back also in some way?

--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
Free the Software  http://www.debian.org/social_contract