Re: apt, dpkg: feature request: versioned provides

* Wichert Akkerman
> Yes, but it's a lot more complicated then that unfortunately.

It always is, isn't it?

> I have a patch that implements most of it for dpkg but it isn't
> quite stable yet. We're definitely not going to do this for woody,
> hopefully woody+1.

Ok.  I will continue to use the naive approach, I think, as I need
this today.  Is there a publicly available discussion of this issue
you could point me to, so that I could see what kind of issues I'm
likely to face doing so?

TIA,

							Arne.