Re: sha1 alignment bug

> But that alignment handler is not invoked on alpha, arm, or sparc. I

er, since when is that proof that things are correct? :-)

> suspect this has to do with gcc3 being weird.

why would/should a compiler guarantee that a char foo[] array be word
aligned by default?!

> I bet if you drop a unsigned long as the first element in the
> structure your problem will go away.

probably, but that sounds like a rather fragile hack. why not declare
them as uint32_t arrays and cast them to char * as needed instead? or we
can do the union fix we discussed.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>