Very cool feature request

I don't know who exactly I should mail this out to so please forward this
if I missed.

Please add rsync support to apt!

It would be *great* if apt used rsync to update packages from old to new.
This would considerably lower bandwidth requirements, especially for large
packages which have small changes (which happens to ve VERY often). A user
ought to be able to put a CD in containing the old package or use a
similar directory already mounted and have apt use rsync to only download
what changed in the binary file. Whether or not the user ought to be
promted if an original package isn't currently available depends on the
protocol selected (ftp, http, and now rsync).

Thank you.