Re: #60973 zope names itself Zope in the control

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 07:13:05PM +0100, Georg Bauer wrote:
> I now changed any occurrence of "Zope" to "zope" in control fields like
> Depends, Package and stuff. After that a package install and update went
> fine, no "Zope" added any more. It looks from my point as if dpkg or apt
> do add "Zope" as soon as any of the packages name or reference "Zope".
> Maybe it uses the ascii sorted first version (upper cases being
> before lower cases in ASCII)?

Note though that only very few people have had problems at all, therefore
there must be some other parameter that influences this problem.

Do you still have a "siteaccess-zope" package on your machine ?
"zope-siteaccess" ? If so, which version ?

For all other people, the problems seem to have vanished with the
installation of a fixed siteaccess package (i.e. zope-siteaccess >=
0.2.0-2).

Anyway, there seems to be a problem in apt/dpkg wrt. handling uppercase
package names.

    Gregor