Out in left field request (wish) for APT/DPKG

Hi!
  One thing which springs to mind, and I think would make
a nifty feature, is if apt and/or dpkg would make an entry of
some kind in some file/directory in /usr/doc which actually
listed all the packages installed on the machine, and
could be accessed by dhelp and say by:
 http://localhost/my_machine.html

  I know, you already have enough to do.  :-)  I really
like using apt for doing updates, it's much nicer than
tarballs.  Have a great day!

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca