remote cd mount bug

draq:~# cat /etc/fstab
#
/dev/hda1       /               ext2    defaults,errors=remount-ro      0       1
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                        0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    defaults,user,noauto            0       0
//kai/cdrom     /cdrom          smbfs   defaults,ro,guest               0       0

draq:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-3 (20000814)]/ potato contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20000814)]/ potato contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20000814)]/ potato contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

draq:/etc/apt# dselect
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Merging Available information
Replacing available packages info, using /var/cache/apt/available.
Information about 4014 package(s) was updated.
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  quake-3dfx
  abiword emacs20-el netscape-base-4-libc5
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/8209kB of archives. After unpacking 27.2MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20000814)' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20000814)' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

*******
Bug report regarding apt-get

Two machines on a local lan at home WITHOUT an Internet connection! :(
My linux box doesn't have any input devices besides the nic eth0,
since installation where i ripped out the cdrom from my windows box.
Hence, for future installation adjustments I need to mount my cdrom
remotely.
apt-cdrom add works well(indexing etc.) with the remote cdrom. But once I have
selected the packages using dselect, and attempt to install them it
doesn't seem to find the remote cdrom, and uses some other method which
doesn't work to find a cdrom source.
If i try mounting it before hand, it umounts it (annoyingly).

Any quick fix would make me very happy, i have about 17 gig free on my
linux hd. I don't mind installing woody over potato if that's possible
if there is a fix contained within that release.

Regards
-Kai Hendry
--
Mobile: +358408367733