NIS support in APT

Hello guys,

  first of all great work on the apt applications, they've made Debian
installation much easier for everyone. Well about the subject, I hope
I'm not sending this to the wrong place, but, are you guys
implementing NIS support for APT?

  I looked all around for a CVS version type or development list, or
something that would indicate what you guys are doing, but I guess APT
is a Debian only development thing, right?

  I'm asking 'cause since I'm a system administrador here at collegue
(I administrate my fellow undergrad students' network, majoring in
Computer Science, at University of São Paulo - Brazil), and we have 60
machines to look over. Sometimes we have to change every
/etc/apt/sources.list in all the machines, and even though I've made
an automatic script to do that, I thought that something like
exporting a NIS map would be much cleaner.

  Since I couldn't find what you guys are working on, and woody's
version was still 0.3.19, I started to work on it, and I have a
working (not wonderfully, but working) version of APT with NIS
support. All I did was change the modules
apt-pkg/sourcelist.{cc,h}. Even being a small patch, I didn't want to
send it, cause I don't know if I'm sending this message to the write
place...

  So if anybody's interested just e-mail me back at
livio@linux.ime.usp.br, or if I sent this to the wrong place, please
indicate me the right e-mail to contact APT development team.

  best regards,

--
  Livio <livio@linux.ime.usp.br>