Re: Confused about DepStates..

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   I'm a little confused about the meanings of the various DepState flags.
> (DepNow, DepGInstall, etc)  Would it be possible for someone in the know to
> explain what these are and how they work?

Dee comment says:

   Each dependency is compared against 3 target versions to produce to
   3 dependency results.
     Now - Compared using the Currently install version
     Install - Compared using the install version (final state)
     CVer - (Candidate Verion) Compared using the Candidate Version
   The candidate and now results are used to decide wheather a package
   should be automatically installed or if it should be left alone.

And 'g' stands for 'group'. The last dependency in an or group will
contain a 'g' version of the flag which represents the state of the whole
group. A single entry is considerd an or group - that is the 'G' flags
will be set correctly for it.