Question, ordering of URIs in apt's sources.list?

Hello,

I have a (hopefully) simple question: does apt-get pay any attention to the
ordering of URIs in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?

I use two servers for my updates; one is nearby but tends to lag by a couple
of days, and one which is on the other side of the country but is generally
more current.  Often apt-get will be downloading packages from the far
server when the same version is available on the near server, when I would
obviously prefer that packages be retrieved from the near server if both
have the same version.

I would like to know if having the near server above the far server in the
sources.list will guarentee this behaviour - I've got it that way at the
moment but it does not seem to be consistent.

Thanks,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>           http://www.omen.net.au/~aws/

  "Just remember Basil, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
  "Oh, really?  I'd like to meet him ... I could do with a good laugh."
                 [ Sybil and Basil Fawlty, "Fawlty Towers" ]